Development Manager: Grants, Sponsorships, Special Events
Updated: Jan. 30, 2020
Do you want to join a dynamic team that is helping individuals who are dealing with trauma and PTSD? Wave Academy is growing with a new position for a Development Manager. Wave Academy is the only non-profit in the nation dedicated to providing a healing program of aquatic therapy to service members and veterans with post-traumatic stress, as well as their caregivers. The Development Manager will report to the Executive Director.
Wave Academy is the only non-profit in the nation dedicated to providing a healing program of aquatic therapy to service members and veterans with post-traumatic stress. Our team is growing with a new position for a Development Manager. The Development Manager will report to the Executive Director.
The Development Manager will fulfill an important role on our team through fundraising and philanthropy building. Key responsibilities areas include: grant propsecting and writing, special events coordination, and sponsorship building. The successful candidate will have excellent writing and presentation skills, strategic planning skills, relationship building skills, and will have a deep desire to help our community.
The Development Manager will support Wave Academy through three key areas: Grant Writing and Prospecting, Sponsorship Building, and Special Events.
Grant Writing and Prospecting: 60%
- Prospect research: ongoing research of funding opportunities
- Grant writing: persuasively write about our program and the need to help heal the wounds of PTSD
- Grant documentation updates
- Relationship building with potential and current funders
- Grant reporting, including program measurement analysis.
- Grants calendar: maintain an annual calendar of opportunities and progress
Sponsorship Building: 20%
- Research companies and organizations for partnership opportunities;
- Create sponsorship decks for events;
- Create opportunities for various levels of engagement, tailoring opportunities to company needs;
- Assist with communication activities to potential and current sponsors;
- Sponsorship tracking.
Special Events: 20%
- Take the lead on logistics and planning for our three main events: Waves for the Brave 5K, Open House, and Waves of Support Dinner;
- Coordinate and facilitate Event Committee meetings with volunteers;
- Work with team members on collateral materials, speakers list, and other tasks.
Skills and Attributes Needed:
- Exceptional grant writing skills. A writing sample is required.
- Three to five years’ experience in non-profit organizations in the area of grant writing and development.
- Interest in behavioral health, wellness and serving our veteran commuinty.
- Proven attention to detail, high level of organization, ability to meet deadlines;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced team and adapt to mutliple priorities;
- Demonstrated initiative and the tenacity to see tasks through to completion;
- Willing to work in a shared office setting;
- Polished presentation skills;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and discretion about confidential matters;
- Demonstrated commitment to our mission and purpose.
The successful candidate will join our team of three staff members at our administrative offices located in Mission Valley.
This is a full time position with 32 or more hours per week (FTE). Wave Academy offers a healthcare reimbursement, 13 days of PTO, and 13 holidays. Occasional evenings and weekends required. Salary $50,000 – $60,000 DOQ.
To apply: submit resume, cover letter and grant writing sample to email@example.com.